What to do with Miss Attitude??

My 4yrs old. Pryncess is Miss Attitude!! at first we thought it was kind of cute but now its getting out of hand. She is very sassy and outspoken, What can i do to tame this before it gets out of hand and before she gets to old and i'm stuck with her Attitude forever ?? Or Will She just grow out of it?? Someone Plz. help me bfore i go crazy

sunshinestar110

Asked by sunshinestar110 at 4:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• 1 2 3 magic is awesome. What you do is each time she is sassy that is one next time two etc. At three you don't speak! You take her to her room for a timeout. Usually you do a minute for each year she has lived, so it would be four minutes. She is not allowed to talk or make noise during that time. When she comes out you don't mention what she did wrong, unless she tries it again. Then you do that timeout again, and when you go in to tell her the time is up discuss what she did wrong.

I have an immature eight year old that this has worked wonders for. I would explain ahead of time what behavior you want to stop. I remember when my daughter was little she didn't know what sassy was let alone know she was being it.
    Hope things get better. Trust me get on it now because it is hard when they are older and used to doing it!
    Stacey
    stassy77

Answer by stassy77 at 4:25 PM on Mar. 3, 2009