What can I take for my teeth coming in?

My wisdom teeth are coming in and I'm 6 months pregnant. Does anyone know what's safe to take? Orajel or anything homeopathic?
For those of you that always say call the doctor I did but they're closed for the day and I cannot get ahold of my dentist.
TIA!

afeggan

Asked by afeggan at 4:25 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just plain old Tylenol is all they told me to take. I had the same problem 2 years ago pregnant with my daughter. Orajel is ok too, but anything stronger I would avoid.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• its been about 6yrs sense i had that problem but i want to say they had me take orajel and Tylenol
    Anonymous

• Orajel, but it doesnt last long. Tylenol, but if the pain is REALLY bad you can go to the em. room and they should give you something stronger that's safe for pregnancy. My friend had the same problem and went to the hospital and said the pain was so bad she thought she was gonna pass out. They gave her an IV drug in the hosp. and a prescription to go home with. Just not sure what it was for.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• yep, for now, tylenol is all you can have till you call the dr.. i was told darvacet is safe to take. but check with your dr.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 5:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Clove oil is natural, and it's great at numbing! Plus it's not on my super huge long list of herbs to avoid during pregnancy.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2009