9 month old sleeping...

My little guy is 9 months old and for the past month or so he has started waking up shortly after I lay him down in this crib to go to sleep and standing up crying for either my hubby or me to go in and pick him up and cuddle him. Don't get me wrong, I love cuddling with him but after he falls back asleep we will lay him back down and he will do it again in like an hour or 2. HELP!

Asked by jmoran at 4:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he's probably just going through that phase where hes crying to make sure you'll come when he cries. try and wait a while (a little longer each night) and see what he'll do. good luck! =)

Answer by disheveled at 4:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• idk..... at least u get a couple of hours tho. myDD wont even do that

Answer by youngandafraid at 4:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• i had that problem whith my son when he was that age
    i whited 45minets if he was still crying i would go get him but normaly he feel asleep whith in the frist 10 mints of crying.
    i hope that helps

Answer by youngmmom at 6:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Its funny...I can't tell you how many times I've seen this question for 8-10 mo. daughter did the same thing at that age...she is just now finally getting over it. Try to wait it out...only go in if he seems really upset. Good Luck

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• DD did the same thing. I think it is a security thing. We always checked on her when she cried.

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:22 AM on Mar. 4, 2009