bump on head

My 2 yr old was running and fell and hit her fore head on the coffee table. I don't know if I should be concerned more because it is the forehead. It put a dent in it and now 5 min later is turning into a bump. What should I be looking for?

determind

Asked by determind at 4:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• If she gets really sleepy and wont wake up to play or look and talk to you. Aside from normal nap or bedtimes that is. If she has trouble walking like she may be dizzy, and if she starts to throw up take her in imediately. Not just this afternoon but any time in the next day or so. Probably is nothing, but be on the lookout. Sorry momma, sometimes these things hurt you worse than the kiddo.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Luckily kids heads are made out of cast iron steele. My son had a goose egg on his forehead for a year it seemed, not the same bump but as soon as one would go away he would get another on lol. If she starts vomitting or her pupils are unequal then call the peds, other than that, just tlc
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• If she is not feeling groggy sleepy or holding he head like she is in pain then just ice it and she should be fine.
    kwazylisa

Answer by kwazylisa at 4:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• She's probably going to be fine, I know when my daughter got a concussion she got real groggy and then started throwing up.

sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My LO whacked his head on the computer desk and was raised instantly. The nurse was concerned if it had an indention.  After this, I had to wake my LO within the first two hours of going to sleep at night (for 48 hours) and then again 4 hours later. If he seemed disoriented or confused I had to call him ASAP. He was fine, but it was pretty scary! I would contact your PED's emergency line and tell them what happened,  just to be on the safe side! I hope your LO is feeling better soon!

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2009