Has anyone tried clomid & if so...is it effective & safe?

I have been avoiding the f word (fertility) and always assumed that i would be fertile myrtle. i am 36 and am trying to have my first baby...i have friends that have been on clomid, but not sure if this is the route i want to go, or if it even is an option. i have a dr's appt on monday, and plan on whipping out a list of questions that i have...i would LOVE to hear success stories on natural conception this late in the game. actually, i'm not even playing a game and 36 isn't that old, eh? the ovulation kits are now banned...waste of money, in my opinion.

feliflew

Asked by feliflew at 4:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I took 6 rounds of it as well as the HCG shots and it didn't work. I had hot flashes, mood swings, nausea, night sweats and was generally miserable. I produced multiple follicles but never got pregnant while on the medications. I also had 6 IUI's done and those didn't work either. Many women will tell you they had side effects like mine (which I still suffer from) and some women had no problem at all.

Good luck with things.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 4:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I have no experience with it, but I'm thinking about talking to my doc about it too. This is sort of a dumb question, but how do you pronounce it? I want to ask my doc when I go in next week and I don't want to sound dumb because I don't know how to say it correctly.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• it's pronounced like glow mid. only with a c like
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 5:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I took Clomid for about 6 months before I became pregnant. It works but for a limited time only, if you use it or an extended period of time eventually your body would not react to it any more... Ask your doctor about other options in infertility drugs. I look for an actual infertility specialist and he put me in a different treatment with another drug (that had to be injected) and after a month I was ready for an artificial insemination. The procedure was successful n I became pregnant. 9 months later I gave birth to a beautiful little girl....lol
    GodPRKitty

Answer by GodPRKitty at 8:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2009