How do I get my 22 MOS to sleep through the night? I have already tried the "cry it out" method.

conmansmomslf

Asked by conmansmomslf at 4:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i wish i had some advice for you but my 2 year old still wakes up throughout the night as well. some nights he wakes up as many as 5 times. sorry for not being helpful but you arent alone. sry momma!
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• wow that's old, they should defintly be sleeping through the night, did you talk to your dr... yeah they are not hungry, its more of a rotuine now, let her cry it out, do you go in there when she cries? do you comfort her, b.c if you do, she's so used to you coming in at night.
    Anonymous

• i spoke to the dr about it and he told me that my little boy will grow out of it. he was having trouble with his weight and the dr told me to give him a sippy cup of milk every time he woke up. now my sons weight is fine but hes still waking up
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My son still doesn't sleep through the night either and he almost 20 months. Sory I don't have any tricks but just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in this! Every child is different (and we can secretly hate the people whose child slept through the night at 3 months together lol) :)
    alexsmom713

Answer by alexsmom713 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• One common reason that a child wakes through the night is when they are overtired. What time does your little one go to sleep? At that age I was putting my son down at 6:30. I know it is early, but he had an alarm clock in his head that would tell him to get up at 6-6:30 no matter what time I put him to bed. I would aim for your little one sleeping 11-12 hours at night. Then what I would do is when he wakes through the night I would not go to him right away. Wait about 5 min. then go in and soothe him the way you always do. Then the next time he wakes let him cry for 10 min. and then go to him. Keep doing that extending the length of time that it takes you to go to him. We had to do this with my son (and occasionally still do following a sickness ect.). Good Luck!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 6:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Just wanted to let you know that i am still having problems with my son sleeping through the night and hes 28 months but he has always had problems with his weight hes just now getting to where he will eat better and starting to sleep better some days better than others but i will be glad because its getting tiring not to mention i have another one in a few months so it scares me afraid im going to have to go through all this again
    mytwosonshynes

Answer by mytwosonshynes at 6:25 PM on Mar. 3, 2009