If you are againist vaccinations have you stopped buying Pampers diapers?

I am curious because my friend said she was boycotting Pampers because they are donating a percent of sales to UNICEF to give tetanus shots. What is your opinion on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Shopping

• Vaccinations have done more good than harm. More lives have been saved BECAUSE of vaccines. I can understand some moms being afraid of so many vaccines, but the chance of your child dying from one of the diseases they vaccinate for are greater than the chances of your child surviving the disease. Your friend sounds loony.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:06 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• The shots they are giving are in other countries is what I had heard. Countries that have this disease running rampid, and these kids need these shots to save their lives. Not like here where alot of mom's have chosen not to vaccinate, but their kids are not likely to ever be put at risk either. So no, I haven't heard of anyone boycotting.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:01 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I am against vaccinations for reasons of the health of my children. ... For the same reasons, I use only cloth diapers except during road trips.

In deciding about being against UNICEF, I would want to know who are the targets of these tetanus shots ... whether they are at risk by being around pigs or horses, etc.
    I mean, the vaccination issue is not about what I do or don't LIKE - there are REAL effects. In some populations, there might be high risk for an illness WORSE than the drawbacks of vaccinations (unlike childhood illnesses like chicken pox or measles).
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• FIRST OF ALL: WHO SAW THE COMMERCIAL??
    IN THE COMMERCIAL IT HAS A BUNCH OF FOREIGN
    BABIES BEING HELD BY THEIR MOMMIES IN A
    BUNCH OF FOREIGN COUNTRIES.
    AND THAN IT SAYS THAT IN THOSE COUNTRIES
    MOST BABIES DONT MAKE IT TO SEE THEIR FIRST
    BIRTHDAY; WITH THE 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' SONG
    PLAYING IN THE BACK.
    IF YOU DONT WANT TO PROTECT YOUR KIDS
    FROM DISEASE, BY ALL MEANS DONT.
    BUT DONT BOYCOTT PEOPLE WITH
    NOTHING BUT GOOD INTENTIONS.
    A DIAPER BRAND REALLY CARING ENOUGH
    ABOUT KIDS TO TEAM UP WITH UNICEF?
    I DONT WANT THEM TAKING MY MONEY.
    1 PACK OF PAMPERS SAVES ONE LIFE.

MOMS WHO BOYCOTT SUCH A CAUSE NEED TO GET A LIFE.
    I THOUGHT BEING A MOM IS THE HARDEST JOB IN THE WORLD.
    HOW DO YOU HAVE TIME TO BOYCOTT A GOOD CAUSE??
    MISSED IT?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNqpm0QU5RQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYfJfx220lo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRmunldG-kM
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 12:31 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I have wonderd the same thing...how many parents that refuse to give their kids vaccines will stop buying pampers...it's pretty selffish if they did stop buying pampers for that reason.
    One day their kid will need help and someone will come aoong and say, "hell no I don't beleave in it let your kid suffer"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• third world countries have a much higher rate of disease than ours. Those children definately need them. Tetanus is so easy to contract even in this country. I think it is a wonderful idea! The pampers though are another story! all those diapers in our landfills! I used cloth diapers and the money they saved, well alot over the 2yrs my babies wore them. A little bit more laundry to do but worth saving the environment!
    yankeegirl1962

Answer by yankeegirl1962 at 8:57 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I completely understand the mamas against vaccination... but at the rate our country is going, we'll be a third world country by the time our kids are grown up, and if they don't have vaccinations............................ Anyway. To the OP: Obviously I'm a vaccinating mom. I buy pampers. :) I think it's silly to boycott them for something they're trying to do to HELP babies in other countries. Plus, my DD has a sensitive bum and she could only wear pampers BEFORE they started the vaccine thing. lol
    ddmac314

Answer by ddmac314 at 9:48 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• HOW THE HELL COULD SOMEONE BOYCOTT SAVING A BABIES LIFE?? She's an IDIOT!
    Lizamafers

Answer by Lizamafers at 11:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I think that most moms who dont vaccinate their kids, probably dont use disposable diapers. Probably cloth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i vax and love pampers, my son is potty trained!! but i am pregs.. i thought some of the vax's went to the moms of the kids too.. go pampers...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2009