2nd pregnancy, will this baby come sooner than the first.

As soon as i go pregnant this time, my doctor told me that i would probably have this baby around the same period of time i had my daughter. She was a week and a half before her due date. Well i just went to my 36 week exam yesterday and i was already dilated to about a fingertip he said, but everythings soft but still thick so no baby for a little bit, but with my daughter at my 36 week appointment i wasn't dilated at all. They told me then that everything was still hard and closed. Just curious on everyone's opionion on when this baby will come in comparison to my daughter. I'm hoping right about the same time but i think it might be a little earlier than i was with her because of being further dilated and all this time, and with it being my second time around.

FinleyFirst

Asked by FinleyFirst at 5:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A woman's body does seem to be better at giving birth the second time - labor goes more quickly. But I don't know about whether the labor will start up at an earlier point in the pregnancy - my first was 3 weeks earlier than expected, the other two were "late" ... But I'm not complaining - the other two were also more sturdy and healthy than the first child was.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• well i would absolutely love if this baby came around the same time as my first because it would give us a little more time to get the remodeling of the bedrooms done but i'm afraid it's not gonna wait. We should have my daughters room completely remodeled and put together by the end of the week, and then onto the nursery. I know, we should have started all this sooner.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 5:24 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• With my son(my 1st) I was a week late and with my daughter(my second) I was 2 weeks early (which I felt I was going to go early with her, just had a feeling)...I think it all depends on you and the baby not if it is your second or so on...
    BoobiePrize

Answer by BoobiePrize at 5:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It really depends on the baby. I walked around dilated to 2-3 for 5 weeks with my first and he was late. Take it easy over the next few weeks and stay relaxed. Good luck.
    afeggan

Answer by afeggan at 5:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• my first came 1 week late and my sencond son came 6 weeks early.this little boy wants to come now lol i agree with boobieprize it depends on the baby.
    Anonymous