Do you send your child to boarding school? Why are you doing so? Are you happy with your decision?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• i would never do that. whats the point of even havin children in the first place if you are going to send them away its just not right
    Anonymous

• Good point, Anon.
    the way the world is now, you NEED to have a close relationship with your children, and you cannot have that if someone else is being their mother day -to-day. (Or worse yet, NO one is being their mother.

Even in High School it is such a risk to cut off the daily relationship. Kids' ideas about right and wrong, their ideals, are formed during High School. Nowadays they get too much input from TV and from other kids, this gets in the way of developing compassion or maturity. I would not step out of their world and completely turn them over to these other influences.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My kids are not even in school. But I would consider if the school was in the same city. My DH went to boarding school and I can see the benifit in his life. And I know I would have been better off in a boarding school. You have to know your family dynamics and your child to determine what is best for them. I think for older children it would be great because it better prepares them for the college lifestyle.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 6:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I have days when I'd like to find a boarding school for toddlers....LOL
    Anonymous