Do you think I could use scone dough instead of bread dough for a recipe?

I am making a recipe for a husband that I need to make homemade bread dough; however being 37 weeks prego I am having a hard time standing in the kitchen while cooking dinner. Anyways I was at the store and found out that it sells scone dough (already made just have to cook it). I was wondering if I could just use the store scone dough instead of making bread dough... any thoughts will help. Thanks!!

geistans

Asked by geistans at 5:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Depends on what you're making, but I would think that you could. I know some people that use Bread Dough to make scones! LOL! Whatcha' makin'??
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I am making pocket pies, it is a recipe that my mom made alot when I was growing up. They are so good! It has meat, potatoes, veggies in them ( a great way to get the kids to get veggies hehehehe)
    geistans

Answer by geistans at 5:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• scone dough may be too sweet, try pie crust or frozen bread dough. doughs are really easy to make in the food processer!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 5:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I never thought of the frozen dough bread... I don't have food processer :( Heck I don't even have an electric mixer
    geistans

Answer by geistans at 5:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Puff pastry would probably work too!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2009