• In the Spotlight:

when should i stop sterilizing my 5 month old bottles?

SHY_GIRL89

Asked by SHY_GIRL89 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i just stopped and my son just turned 5 months idk if its the "right" thing to do but hey i didnt feel like doing it anymore. i just make sure there washed really good
    Anonymous

• I still boiled the nipples once a week or so until the bottles were gone. Did I have to? I doubt it.
    I also boiled them after every use when she had thrush. That was necessary.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I never sterilized bottles or nipples, the dr. recommeded against it because it breaksdown the plastic and really isn't necessary.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I just wash them really good. Both of my girls are very healthy, I think your LO will be fine if you stop now.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 6:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I never sterilized them other than what it said on the package. I used drop-ins so I didn't have to do the bottles, and the nipples said only the first time, hot soapy water after that.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I only boil them if they're new. After that I just wash them in hot soapy water or if I'm lazy I stick them in the dishwasher which I think it sterilizes them.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 6:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2009