Do you get the same benifits if.....

I just got a stepper and I can only do it for 10mins at a time. Do I get the same benifits of working out if I do it for 10 mins 4 times a day vs just doing for 40 mins?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 5:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• It depends. If you can do it more vigirously for the 10 mins than the one 40 min session you will get more results by the intensity of burning more calories. Some people like to do a 1hr a day and break it up into 2 or 3 sessions. At the end of the day it's all about how many calories you burn overall.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• They're the same benefits.
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• You burn the same number of calories, and you get the same amount of endurance training. You are doing well to start for 10 minutes at a time. The first few days you may want to keep it to twice a day to see if you have muscle aches the next day, and increasing it gradually.

Answer by Bmat at 5:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It depends on what workout theory you go by. A lot of people believe that you don't burn fat unless your heart rate is at a certain point for a certain length of time. So, if you go by that, no. But if you are a normal person. Working out 4 times for 10 minutes a day is great. You got off your butt and exercised. I can't get myself to do 20 minutes three times a week.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2009