Why is it disrepectful to question the official govt story of 9/11?

How does it disrespect those who died to question or disbelieve the official story? Wouldn't it be respectful to want to make sure we know the absolute truth and bring it to light?

Just to clarify, I don't buy into the conspiracy theories and certainly hope no one in our govt had any involvement or knowledge but, unfortunately, wouldn't be too surprised if it came out that they did.

Friday

Asked by Friday at 5:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I guess one could argue it's like not respecting the word of the current administration. Everyday we are told in no uncertain terms to respect and support Obama, no matter WHAT he does to undermine everything that is great about this country, because he is our President.

So in keeping with that theme when our former POTUS George Bush made statements about 9/11 we ALL should have respected and accepted his words as he was our president at the time.

Do you see how the "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" logic ONLY seems to apply when it's a Democratic President at the helm?!
    Anonymous

• I can only account for myself and I, as an Obama supporter and Dem/Lib, have NEVER told anyone they must respect and support Obama. I have even asked some other Dems to stop whining about those bashing him, it just makes us look weak.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 5:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I don't think it is disrespectful. I agree with you that it is important to those whose loved ones died to know the actual truth. I think most people will agree that they can't (and shouldn't) always trust the governement 100%. The government has agendas towards their vision of running the country well. Sometimes the truth doesn't always fit into their agenda (for example, I think the FDA is more concerned with stimulating the economy with their serving suggestions than they are with our actual health and nutrition).

There are some conspiracy theories that like to claim that 9-11 never happened. THOSE conspiracies are what is disrespectful to those that died. To deny someone elses' very real pain and death is horrible. Admitting it happened but questioning the actual government story of how and why is a seperate animal (some people don't see it as seperate I guess).
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Like many things, I think it comes down to the manner and tone of the question.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Questioning, no. It crosses the line when one starts spouting theories and stories as facts.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It's not disrespecting it's just stupid.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I don't think it's disrespectful at all to question the story. I'm a huge skeptic of most government organizations and definitely question the story the government wants us to believe about September 11. Don't let people make you feel like you're wrong for actually looking into things for yourself, most people don't and they are the ones that want to make the rest of us feel like we're nutty or wrong
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Yeah I know someone who believe's 9-11 was an inside job who also believes that the devil has a space ship he uses to travel around and that we will be invaided by giants that are held in afghan for the time being by the US gov. ahahaha
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:09 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Nothing wrong with questioning things. Fabricating huge lies is wrong.
    Anonymous

• I question everything the gov puts out. I think anyone with a half a brain does. If you are referring to the conspiracy theory put on here earlier, well that story is ridiculous. I mean, the architects did it? The thing broke ground in 65, come on now!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2009