Head ache

Anyone have any natural suggestions for relief of headech and sinus pressure from a cold, I've been soaking my face in hot salt steam, but my head is pounding.

NicholeAT

Asked by NicholeAT at 5:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Health

• Sniff up salt water and spit it out. I use a netipot, but you can make your own solution by mixing about a teaspoon of non-iodized salt in a cup of warm water. Sniff it up one nostril at a time then spit. Also gargle with salt water. Gargle every couple of hours. I use a heating pad on my face when needed. Chicken soup, hot tea with lemon and honey- I think it may be the steam from these that help. But liquids in general are good. I hope you feel better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 5:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Ice packs on your forehead and back of your neck can help numb up the nerves.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 6:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2009