i'm pretty sure this is a tmi question but it scared me...

okay this is my first pregnancy i am 20 weeks 1 day me and my bf were having sex and all of the sudden i started cramping down there and like where my uterus is and it hurt really bad he was on top is it because i'm getting to far along to do that position anymore??
Please No Bashing... thanks

scared_mommy16

Asked by scared_mommy16 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think there is a set time that any position shouldn't be done anymore - it's just about what's comfortable for you. If something doesn't feel right you should definitely stop and try something else.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• the only way i can have sex is if im on my side.it hurts other wise. u should be ok.try other ways thats all.
    Anonymous

• it hurts when we do it on my side too i just don't understand am i not able to have sex now :[
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• sadly my bf has to do all the work for me...when i started to get a belly i had to start laying on my back and he would have to do the sexing because id keep cramping up...it sucked..and still sucks because sometimes i feel as though hes thinking "im having sex with a dead person"

because i cant move lol...so yeah..if u have a belly it could be that
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 5:53 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• i heard it could be from too much pressure. i would suggest not being no rough. or it could be a lesion on ur cervix. a couple ofmy friends have had this problem befor.... not ppositive but thats my opinion. GL
    HolleyT

Answer by HolleyT at 5:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Sorry to ask but did you start cramping when you had an orgasm? During an orgasm your uterus will contract (it's normal and can be very intense after your tummy gets bigger, wont hurt baby at all) Otherwise you probably pulled a muscle un the side of your uterus. Honestly as long as he isn't resting on your belly you can still use that position, it may be uncomfortable for you, but will not harm baby as long as he is supporting his own weight some what.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• only way i can do it without hurting is me on top or him from behind i havent had a problem
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• no i don't get orgasms anymore :[
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 6:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• i can't have sex on top or him behind i couldn't before i got pregnant either :[ sex is impossible when you are pregnant gahhh
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I started cramping pretty early during sex so we stick to either standing or from behind in th eshower and he is under strict orders to be gentle (and not use the whole thing) My husband is very accomodating and follows my rules. If you see blood that's when you contact a professional...otherwise cramping seems to be normal... just find a way that works for you

on the bright side here is your chance to leanr new positions
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2009