How to handle this? I don't even want to be "friends" anymore!

She's on food stamps (bcuz she's not married she doesn't claim her SO's income even though he makes enough that he just bought a house), she's on unemployment, is @ home all day but puts her children in daycare, her house is a wreck, she does't make dinner, she's always getting her hair & nails done (but bounces most her checks & never has $), when the kids R around she does nothing but scream @ the top of her lungs at them (3yrs old and 1). Then she has the nerve to complain that her SO complains that the house is a wreck, that she is a wreck ( no shower & pj's), that the kids (now home) r running around looking like a mess, & that there is no dinner so she goes an buys take out.

She just got her SUV repoed & was upset at the nerve "they" had but she hasn't payed it in over 1 yr, but 4mths ago she spent 8,000 cash to buy her self a BMW.

I'm sick of hearing her complain about $ & her SO being so "cheap" & being "a jerk"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• There is no way I could handle being friends with someone like that. I would either just cut your ties with her or if you feel comfortable explain that you don't agree with the way she's living her life...who knows, maybe it will be her wake up call to lose a friend....
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I need to clarify, I dont care if some1 is on gov assistance but she's scamming the system so that she can have $ to spend on her hair and nail and all the take out she gets hen her SO makes over 47,000 a yr. I know ppl. REALLY struggling and she's just messing around w/ the gov.
    Anonymous

• just cut your ties completely. if she calls, tell her your busy. she isn't worth it.
    zombie_mommy

Answer by zombie_mommy at 5:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• angryyou can confidentially report her to the local welfare dept, and they'll look into it...and this is coming from a food stamp recipient! This type of behavior makes me so angry

lilmizmoore1127

Answer by lilmizmoore1127 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• trust me i have wanted to report her so badly but i feel bad for the kids, she wold make the go w/ out something just so that she could continue to live her life the same way. She's honestly the most selfish human being I know and to think we became friends over the fact that we both "hate selfish mothers", to boot when my husband and I go to places like Chucky Cheese we buy coins but or kids are so small they barely go on too many rides so we end up giving the coins away, it makes us feel so good to see a child who doesn't have (some ppl. go w/ just enough for their chid to have the experience but end up realizing those coins can go fat and they'v run out of $)

One day she met up w/ us at one of those places & a child who was walking buy dropped his coins she made her son and another lil boy that was w/ her run an dpick them up and bring them back to her. My hub & I were so disgusted that we gave the kid ours & we left.
    Anonymous

• so call her in as a fraud and try to get proof of it. she shouldn't be doing that. she sounds selfish and uneducated. the kids will be taken care but not by her. i think they would be better off with someone else anyway. they probably won't do anything but you should report it, then it's in their hands.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• also i agree. you should tell her what you don't like her doing. she needs to have someone tell her she is wrong. like nadya sulman. she has nice fingernails. makes me sick
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• actually it's not scamming. I lived with a man who made great money and I told them at the assistance office when I was filing for child support from my kids' dad. They said it was ok and they approved me for fs. They considered us room mates and didn't count his income but had us as separate households. It shocked me but I didn't complain.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• her kids obviously arent being taken care of very well, report her to both welfare and CPS.. and cut off all ties.. thats what i did with my stupid friend that complained about all her problems she caused for herself...
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 10:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• i wouldn't say she doesn't take care of her kids she's just careless, she feeds them, she baiths them, she loves on them she's just an air head sometimes. They just ate a snack after daycare and instead of just washing their hands or face she just lets them run about making a mess out of the house (it's what kids do, but moms r usually there to clean up after them), she just lets her house be and out of lazziness when her SO gets home she blaims the kids. She ignores them to a certain point & then they get into things and do thinkgs kids do when not being suppervised like paint on walls, rugs, etc... But she claims she was "doing something" when all she does is watch tv or talk on the phone.

But thank u al for ur advice i don't feel like such a bad friend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Mar. 4, 2009