Pregnant after baby?

I had my 3rd baby on Feb 5th. My husband and I had sex a few times since after the first week. We were not THAT careful lol and now with the last 3 days it feels like I am pregant again, nausea, throwing up, extreemly tired (yes I know I have a baby but he has been sleeping well) I mean its just enough to make me scratch my head. I took a hpt and I am not sure if my eyes are playing tricks but there might be a very very very faint line....

Is this even possible?

**yes I understand that anytime having sex can lead to pregnancy but I want to know is it possible that I might or has anyone heard of it this soon? I see my dr on the 20th.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• first of all- you are not suppose to have sex the first 6 weeks after pregnancy. You very well could have an infection from it. From my understanding, you are very fertile after you give birth.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 5:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• i heard that you are most fertile after giving birth-may be wrong but its not too soon.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It is possible. Go to the dr and ask for a blood pregnancy test. The faint line might be hormones left from just having a baby or you might be pregnant again. The dr will take blood and measure the hormone levels in your blood. A blood test is pos within 3 days of conception.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 5:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Are you breastfeeding? If you are i would say probably not, but there is always still a chance. Otherwise you may be. It is not common to ovulate that early, but not unheard of either. I would wait for a day or 2 and take another test (hcg levels double every 24-48 hours) and if all else fails call your dr and get in early.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Yes, you could be pregnanat. What else are we supposed to say??? I mean, waht other answer do you want? However, I hope you are okay. There is an OPEN WOUND in your uterous where the placenta detatched and you may have an infection. you need to take viatimins RIGHT NOW and take them everyday just in case. You're body can get very depleated of nutrients from having back to back pregnancies. Go get a blood test if you still wander. You can walk in most likely and the doc will do one.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 5:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• OP here I was thinking it may be hcg left over... I am not breastfeeding

I know about the 6 week wait but we have never waited lol. It wouldnt be a big deal if I was fin. just health wise.
    Anonymous