acne

For the last couple of months I have started to get really bad acne, does anyone have any advice with products.

NicholeAT

Asked by NicholeAT at 5:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• The only thing that has helped me a little is proactiv- and thats not even 100%. I have tried so many products, and that one at least keeps it to a minimum, and when I do get a bad one it minimizes it really fast. I guess you could say the proactiv keeps it tame and small. I still break out, but not as bad as I used to before using proactiv. I get mad though, because I wish it could work as well as on the people on the commercial lol. But at least it helps a bit.
    abigail824

Answer by abigail824 at 8:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I use the Proactiv refining lotion only after washing my face. If I combine all the products, it irritates and dries out my skin too much. Then I use a light Olay moisturizer with salicylic acid in it. Right before my period I still break out a bit, and I use the Proactiv refining mask (just dab a teeny bit on the blemish, sleep in it, gone by morning). I've hear very good things about the Acne Free. You can get that at drug stores. Something else I also use is a bar soap that contains salicylic acid and sulfur.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Avon makes a great new set that has been compared to proactive but is cheaper, more comes in bigger bottles and I think it actually works much better (on me anyway!) http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=34753&from=search&find_spec=acne&camp=200905&dir_delivery=1&rep_delivery=1
    if you want to try it use code fsany and you'll get free shipping.
    You could also try Avon's ClearSkin lineup. They work really well and the prices are dirt cheap as well. Hope you like it!
    www.youravon.com/dhullum
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I've suffered from acne all my life. The thing has helped me the most was to eat healthy and drink LOTS of water. That cleanses from within. I just use Neutrogena glycerine soap several times a day.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I used Proactiv and it worked for me. I loved it.

I have horrible skin, I have deep cystic acne... it's horrible...
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 12:08 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Acne Treatment Gel*
    For blemishes, smooth on Acne Treatment Gel. It's clinically proven to dry and clear acne blemishes, allowing skin to heal.
    www.marykay.com/smcgarity1
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2009