Safe or not? (dr's office is closed so i cant ask them)

My bf and i are going swimming (yay im gonna be belly up like a fish lol)
anyway..free swim isnt until 7 so we have a whole hour to wait...he says we should go over there and hang out in the steam room

im 33wks...would it be unsafe to sit in the steam room? its not a sauna..its litterally a steam room..

or could it be safe if i keep leaving the steam room so my body doesnt get too hot and fry my baby...

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 5:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no steam rooms and no saunas at all while pregnant they raise your body tempature to fast. sorry.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• As long as your body temp doesn't get higher than 101 then it's fine. Steam isn't going to hurt. It gets steamy in my bathroom everytime I shower, lol.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I'd avoid it. If you MUST just stay in for a few minutes. Like mommy2b04 said, it's not good to raise your body temp.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• i think it would be ok. im about 12 weeks an di just went in a steam room last week with my fiance. i jus tmade sure i didnt get too hot. if i get too hot i get dizzy though. lol but as long as its not excessive i think ur fine. :) hope it helps GL
    HolleyT

Answer by HolleyT at 5:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• The reason they say not to over heat is because heat encourages your veins to open more and draws your blood to your outer limbs and away from your uterus and baby. But you will feel the effects before baby does by feeling light headed and such. Use your best instincts and if you feel fine and not over heated then you should be okay,but if you start to feel odd, I would leave right away and not wait to see if it will go away, kwim? You will feel over heated way before baby gets hurt.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I don't think you should, but check the warning label on the steam room, it will warn you if you shouldn't use while pregnant.
    Anonymous

• alright...i think i may spend a couple minutes in there..they have a cold water hose in there...so if i get wayyyyyyyyyyy tooooooo hot that should make me be freezing... but ill definitly read the sign before i go in...ill just make sure my fiance doesnt raise the temp in there...
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 6:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2009