VBAC

has anyone done this? how did it go? would you reccomend it?

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 5:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• this is my second baby my first was a c section we are trying for a vbac.
    a vaginal birth is always safer then a c section but you do want to check with your dr there are some reasons you shouldnt try for a vbac and only your dr can tell you if its truly safe or not.
    with a vbac there are some risks but they are very low.
    Your best bet is to speak with your Dr and get is view on it.
    Anonymous

• Most Dr's honestly want to do a repeat no matter what the previous one was for. This is not because it is not safe, this is because of liability and the fact that it is less work for them and they get paid more for it. It is a personal decision though. If you really are interested check out a midwife, they are more likely to give you info and encourage you if you decide to. There is no reason medically, not to, as long as you had a "bikini cut" and for a reason that doesnt repeat, like breech baby, or placenta previa. Also check out I-CAN, it is a VBAC support group for women to get information.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 6:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My dr is 100% against a VBAC due to the risk of a uterine rupture and several other risks that come along with it. I would really research it and discuss it with your doctor before you decide to ahead with it.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I had a c-section 2 years ago and in about a month I will be having a VBAC. The risk of uterine rupture is very small, so don't let that scare you out of doing it, as long as your doc. is saying that it is ok, I would try it. A vaginal birth has lower risks than a c-section, but I would research it because there are certain things that you cannot do with a VBAC that a person who hasnt had a previous c-section can do. But I seriously think you should try it! Good luck!
    PrOuDmOmMy1011

Answer by PrOuDmOmMy1011 at 9:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• it is actually not aloud here
    MalachisMommy06

Answer by MalachisMommy06 at 12:56 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• yes it is. my OBGYN says we can try for one if we want... it just depends on who your doc is.
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 1:29 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• what dr. do you use... because my friend went to 9 different dr. ... MTMC WILL NOT ALLOW IT!! .. we asked everyone for my friend because she was suckered into her first csection and they all told her MTMC wont allow it ... im not sure if Stone Crest will ... but MTMC wont because WAY to many woman died during a VBAC!
    MalachisMommy06

Answer by MalachisMommy06 at 9:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• stonecrest- Dr. Louis T. Riley does it
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 10:10 PM on Mar. 6, 2009