Dose anyone know about Fish Oil and ADD or ADHD

To day my kids teacher said we should look into having her tested for ADD or ADHD and then she told us about fish oil and how it is helping another kid in the class. please ant info will help. thanks

christy2

Asked by christy2 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes, fish oil is good and so is catnip tea..Google "catnip tea for ADHD." and read on it.
    Anonymous

• Fish oil is most often touted as helping with speech development if I remember correctly, but it absolutely wouldn't hurt to try. Fish oil is great and we should really all be taking it. That said it can be tricky to get your kiddo to take...it's hard to find one that doesn't taste bad, unless your child is old enough to do pills.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 6:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• When I was diagnosed with ADD and ADHD, I was put on Ritalin. Talk your childs docter first and see what they say.
    sweetchick82

Answer by sweetchick82 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• First of all - I hate teachers who say crap like that.
    Next if you think that there is a problem, get your child seen by a clinical psychologist for evaluation.
    Next, CHANGE HER DIET....
    No dyes, no junk, no processed foods, no high fructuse corn syrup, etc. This is good for all kids. It's amazing what diet does to a kid.
    Fish Oil can help with ADD/ADHD and overall brain function. It's good for that.
    But I would start with her diet and put her on whole foods...
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 11:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I've always been told that Omega 3 fish oil is great for all sorts of things, including ADD or ADHD. In fact my husband takes it as well. I give it to my son everyday. It makes them smarter and healthier too. Please try it....try that and changing his diet, taking out dyes and stuff before you try medicating him. Use the medicine as a very last resort.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 9:47 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Been there/ am there with the schools! My 9 year old lost a whole year of trying it the
    school's recommended way- on Ritalin/Concerta. Try the Omega 3- it's been wonderful for us. We started with Alaskan Salmon jerky strips for snacks- and now are taking capsuls of cold processed Salmon oil. There is no smell or taste- no after burps.

Goggle- natural salmon oil . The sight had a lot of you- tube videos that were very informative- my dad ( 73!) turned me on to it when he was searching for heart- healthy Omega 3!

My son turned out to be severely dyslexic- not ADHD! as the school labeled. Good luck.

jonesnjava

Answer by jonesnjava at 1:26 AM on Mar. 5, 2009