Question about Disney World

Has anyone been to Disney World in Orlando, FL lately? We are going for the entire week and thot we might try to do lunch as a picnic a few of the days. Its been many years since i've been to DW, and I realize that it can take alooong time to get out of the Park over to our car. Does anyone have any advise?
Also, can we take our own bottle of water in? I am hoping that we each can take in one bottle and then fill them up at fountains.

lifeasinoit

Asked by lifeasinoit at 6:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The previous poster is wrong. I live near Disney and we go several times a year. You CAN bring bottled water in. We usually freeze halfway, then add cold water before we go and refill at the fountains several times a day. You can also bring in a soft sided cooler, just no hard coolers and none so big that they need wheels. We always pack our lunches and bring in snacks. It is true that they check your bags at the security check point, but they are searching for weapons and stuff, not your lunch. I have even had the security people joke with us about our big old subs we bring in. You can bring in cans of soda or whatever, just no glass. Have fun!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• No you are not allowed to bring water in. They search your bags too if they have to. Disney has changed a lot.GL.
    Anonymous

• we went in 2007 and we had a travel agent and got all of our meals included and that is what i would reccomend, is getting it included in your package. the restaurants were very expensive, but we saved a lot by doing it that way. I think it included 2 snacks per day, and 3 meals a day.
    and i just checked the website for you on the water and this is what it said:

Guests are allowed to bring food items-such as snacks or foods that do not require heating-into any Walt Disney World Theme Park. Inform a Security Cast Member of any food items when you enter the Theme Park.
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• were denied to bring in water in 2007. I was not wrong.
    Anonymous

• I am a Disney nut and I have NEVER heard that you cannot bring water. So, yes, you can bring water. You can also bring whatever food you want. We usually stuff chips and other snacks in my purse whenever we go. It is a lot cheaper, especially since we have year passes and are there every first Sunday of the month. Also, they should have a picnic area. Disney is aware that everyone is not rich and can't afford to pay for lunch every day. They are going to accomodate every level of income, so just ask around or even look at the map on the website ahead of time. Although, I do agree with mommyBrooke, booking food with the package is a lot easier and probably will equal what you're going to spend on all the other meals that you purchase, besides the picnicing.

Hope your Mickey visit is great! =)

- Ali
    GoPink84

Answer by GoPink84 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Thanks so much guys. We were able to purchase 5 day tix on the new Military incentive ($99 for the week). My son in law is in Iraq so we are doing a quick planned trip with the hubs, son, daughter and grandbaby. We need to save money any which way possible.

Thanks so much. I didn't think to check the web site for information. I'm such a frugal moogal, I can't stand the idea of paying $3 and $4 for soda's and junk.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• We go to Disney all the time, I used to work there... I live in Orlando... :)

I always bring bottled water with me. In fact, I crry it in reusable bottles too, never had them say to me that I can't bring it in.

I have had them tell me that I can't bring a cooler in.

We usually bring snacks and then buy our meals.

Are you staying at a resort on property? They have a great meal plan right now, that's available to resort guests, it's such a good deal!

I hope that you enjoy your time. Thanks to your SIL for his service.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 11:28 PM on Mar. 3, 2009