Has anyone been successful to prevent miscarriage using progrestrone pills? (of course for those who have had problems with recurrent miscarriage)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had one miscarriage in the past. When I got pregnant through IVF and started bleeding during the early stage of my pregnancy, my doc prescribed a pill that I inserted inside my vagina (forgot the name of med) daily for about 2 weeks I think. Anyway, my baby is almost 3 now ;)
    Anonymous

• It is always good hear positive results! Thanks.
    Anonymous

• I was given progesterone suppositories during my last pregnancy to prevent me from going into pre-term labor. They worked while I was able to get them, but I had to stop using it cause my insurance didnt cover it and they were like 400 bucks.
    ouriko

Answer by ouriko at 7:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I took prometrium for 3 months cause my doc said my HCG was low...everything was fine. no side effects really except it was kinda gross being a suppository and all...im almost 36 weeks now!
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 6:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2009