Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I am filing for custody and relocation out of state for my son tomorrow. But the problem is that his father does not have a address to be served at and I havent spoke to him for almost 2months due to a Protection Order I have against him. So what will happen? i not gonna be able to move or is there a time frame that they give inorder for the father to respond?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • don't quote me on this, but if he has a job, they should be able to serve him the papers there

    Answer by gypsymama532 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

  • In some states if you are unable to contact the other party all they require is you post a public notice in your local paper for a certian period of time...check with your court house or atty...

    Answer by beachmamaof2 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

  • when you file they will tell you

    Answer by admckenzie at 8:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.