Just curious..do you shred paper?

I used to be pretty bad about just tossing those credit card offers and so forth into the trash until word got out that people were going through the trash the night before pickup day...then I got SERIOUS about shredding, and hey, it saves the environment and makes great packing material.

My shredder turns the paper into confetti-like scraps so its impossible for a person to put back together.

lilmizmoore1127

Asked by lilmizmoore1127 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• we shred important information we don't want to get into the wrong hands...thats about it..
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• nope. Too lazy. Don't even own a shredder.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 6:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Only at work. But I always tear up papers with important information before I toss them.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• We shred all personal documents and bill statements. I recycle any other papers that we don't want and that don't have any information that could be used by criminals.
    Anonymous

• I used to but stopped don't know why? I should really start again I think ppl are looking through mine also..
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• We do my husband is paranoid that someone is going to use the info. I should say I do. He just complains.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:34 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I shred anything that has our names b/c I was once a victim of identity theft and it is the worst thing to go through I highly recommend shredding everything that you think might be of value to someone with bad intentions ....
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• yes, i already found out last year that someone used my SSN to open an account in chicago and bounce $1,000 worth of bad checks!
    taratt79

Answer by taratt79 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Anything personal is shred.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 11:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Anything with our personal info gets shredded. We're planning on burning our old checkbooks this summer when we do one of our bonfires - we have some checks from an old bank that didn't get used, checks from our current bank that didn't get used because we changed our address, and because we use duplicate checks, we have boxes and boxes of those.

I came to a realization that now that I don't have to follow behind hubby to figure out what he wrote a check for we don't need duplicate checks so I won't order them anymore - just a waste of paper. I maintain the checkbook and household budget and he uses the debit card which shows up on our online banking.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:47 AM on Mar. 4, 2009