When did your milk come in?

I am still in the hospital - I gave birth yesterday... I had plenty of premilk yesterday but not much today... baby is still sucking though!
Hopefully I will have more milk tomorrow?

Paty_hotmommy

Asked by Paty_hotmommy at 6:28 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your milk will come in anywhere from 1 to 3 days after baby is born. Dont let the nurses talk you into giving bay formula if you are opposed to it. Babies only need about 1-2 teaspoons of fluid per feeding the first several days, and I assure you are making enough coloctrum for that. Good luck!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 6:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• YUP! I already told them I dont want anyone to giver her formula or binky. :-)
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 6:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Mine took almost 5 days!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It can take a few days. Don't worry, because stress can make it worse!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• mine took 4 days... and then i was producing more than enough!!! don't worry, just get her to suck as much as possible, thats what stimulating the milk to come through well... well done for nursing though!!! yay!!! and congrats on your little one!!!! message me if you need any help or anything... also, when you have a spare minute, go to google and find the website for the la leche league... it'll have answers to every question you have!! :) xo
    sweetmama8

Answer by sweetmama8 at 7:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Mine took 3 days....Baby was fine on just colostrum. You will know when your milk comes in.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:02 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• 3 days. Congrats on your new baby!!
    Anonymous

• It doesn't really matter how long it takes for you, just keep that baby at your breast as much as possible and it will work just fine!
    It usually comes a little sooner with a vaginal birth than with a c-section.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It can take upwards of a week BUT you should have colostrum now (which is different from your regular milk) and that is ALL baby needs and its SO good for baby! SO, you really dont need to suppliment with formula, hopefully you wont do that because it can effect your milk supply, the more you nurse the more you will make so every bottle is one less nursing and less milk you may produce! Just as long as baby is putting out enough wet diapers then she is getting enough to drink!
    Good luck and just keep nursing, you can also drink lots of water, eat oatmeal, drink mothers milk tea and take fenugreek to up your milk supplie if need be!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 8:50 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• just nurse alot! with my 1st it took about 4 days! & dont stress over it, just keep nursing. congrats!
    sheilabug

Answer by sheilabug at 10:03 AM on Mar. 4, 2009