Does it hurt when u get ur tubes tied?

i had my baby 4 months ago via c section..i didnt want to do it by that time cuz im not 100% sure of it..well im 23 and i have 2 boys already and i dont want to get pregnant again and have another boy!! but im so insecure by this decision..please help me out

kiUmY

Asked by kiUmY at 6:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got mine done immediately after I gave birth to my third son. The only thing that was very uncomfortable for me was all the gas I had in my belly.
    They fill you up with gas while they do the procedure so when you are done you will have some very painful gas.
    Just remember to get up and walk around that will help get rid of it. That was the mistake I made I stayed laying down and didn't try to work all the gas out, but if you keep moving you should be fine. Oh and I heard, but am not sure, that taking a gas relieving aid like gas-x will make the pain worse so don't do that.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 6:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• i forgot to add, for how long it hurts?
    kiUmY

Answer by kiUmY at 6:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• if you're unsure on any level, then getting your tubes tied is not for you.
    try some other long-term BC, like an IUD or smorthing if you just don't want to get preggers now
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 7:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• i would say check with your state i know when my sister had her second at 22 they told her she would have too wait a few yrs cause she was not old enough too have it done in the state she lives in also look in too the iud or the new one they have that goes in your arm it last 3yrs
    Anonymous

• It didn't hurt except for the gas. They made an icision in my belly button cut the fallopian tube then sealed it together again on both sides.
    The only thing that hurt was the gas and it lasted about two days because i didn't move around at all. If you walk around, even around your house it helps to relieve the gas.
    No birthcontrol method is one hudred percent, even tubal ligation still has a very slim chance of you getting pregnant again. I think you should google different birth control methods read the pros and cons then decide what you think is best for you.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 10:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2009