Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do?

Okay so I went and saw my doctor today and she wants to induce me because I have problems with my gallbladder and kidneys but I would rather just wait for my baby to come on her own. Should I listen to her or should I fight her about it?

Answer Question
 
leemarie18

Asked by leemarie18 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • Kidney failure isn't worth risking. Get the induction.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

  • normally i would say avoid induction, but if your Dr is saying that there are specific worries like that, i'd listen and do it...sounds like it could get serious. Godd luck!!
    stepmom929

    Answer by stepmom929 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

  • How far along are you? If you are in bad health it is at no benefit to your baby. I would listen to your doctor
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

  • Get a second opinion, research the topic, and make your own decision. Don't let someone else make the decision for you.
    ReneeK3

    Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

  • Well I'm 36wks now but she wants to wait til I'm 38
    leemarie18

    Answer by leemarie18 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

  • LISTEN TO THE DR SHE HAD THE EXPERIENCE!
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

  • 38 weeks? I would just do it.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

  • Wait if you want to. As long as your problems are under controll and there isn't a treatment they are waiting on for you to deliver you can tell them no. It is your decision, but be on the lookout if your Dr tries scare tactics with you to get you to agree, take time to discuss and think things through before you answer her.
    AK_aries

    Answer by AK_aries at 7:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

  • If the doctor wants to wait it isn't really an emergency and i would say go with your instinct..if you dont want the induction don't have it (it may be a good idea to get a second opinion).
    Cynthje

    Answer by Cynthje at 7:53 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

  • I was all about having a natural birth (this being my first child), until I ran into complications. At some point during all the testing and monitoring and being poked and proded, I figured that I'm PAYING my doctor to worry about me, to analyze me, and to do what's best for my baby and me. She wants me to have a C-section to avoid complications at birth. Is there a chance that there won't be complications? Sure. But why chance that? Why, with all the medical knowledge/techniques/procedures/medications, would I chance my health and my child's health?

    Just food for thought before you decide you know what's best over a doctor's decade of medical education, not to mention experience.
    redmoonintexas

    Answer by redmoonintexas at 7:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Pregnancy
Does it hurt when u get ur tubes tied?

Next question overall (Beauty & Style)
M.A.C.

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN