Did you plan to have children?

When you got pregnant was it planned? And if not, how do you feel about being a mother now?

For me, I was trying for a while but finally gave up. Then we got pregnant, so it was a pleasant surprise and I'm happy being a mother!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I never wanted children. My husband and I had talked about it but he knew I didn't want them. Our first son was a big surprise, but it was a blessing. I do not regret becoming a mother. I don't know what I would do with out my sons. We planned our second son when our first was 15 months old. We're contemplating a third this Fall.

boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 6:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• We tried for five years before becoming pregnant. I had given up about three months before we discovered the good news. My mind couldn't wrap itself around it at first. I thought the test was wrong and decided to keep it to myself and not say anything to anybody-even hubby-until I took another a week later. That was the longest week of my life! LOL
    I'm glad I waited to tell everyone until I was sure.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:53 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My twins were very planned. Their timing was a bit longer than I hoped, but I'm so glad they finally did arrive.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Both of my babies are planned and I would like to have another so DH and I are discussing that, we want our children close
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 6:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• no he wasnt planned. i prefer to call him my "unexpected blessing". i was 18 (graduated high school the year before), unmarried but in a serious relationship with my boyfriend of 1 year (we were living together and knew each other for 4 years before that), and still lived with my parents. i didnt plan on having kids until after i went to college, had a career, was married, and in a place in my life where i was ready to have a baby. BUT i wouldnt change it for nothing now. im glad i had him when i did. im happy to be a mom and cant imagine my life NOT being a mom. i still plan to go to college and hopefully one day have a career. but i will do that when he starts school. then i will go, when hes at school. i honestly couldnt be happier with my life
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It sounds horrible, but my pregnancy was from a drunken one-night stand. I always knew I wanted to have children but I definitely wasn't ready... Now, my precious baby boy is 6 months and I can't imagine my life without him... well I could but my life wouldn't be as fulfilling as it is now! He's my everything! And though sperm-donor isn't in the picture, I think Zarek is better off. My boyfriend has been with me since I was 4 months pregnant, been with me at doctor's appointments, ultrasounds, and even the birth! Like I've always said.. ANYONE can father a child.. but it takes a REAL man to be a daddy!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 7:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• the closest we got to planning our babies was "do you want kids, someday, honey?" "yeah, i think i'd like kids someday"
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 7:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My daughter was totally not planned, seeing as how I was just graduating highschool and I was almost 18 years old!! But she was definately a blessing, and I wouldn't change the way things went for anything! We are now pregnant again, and we planned this one. We wanted to wait at least 2 years befor trying again, but that one ended in mc... Now my daughter will almost be 4 when the new baby arrives! We are very happy about it all... I love being a mother!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• No we didn't plan our baby :-) I had irregular periods and went without a period for almost 2 years. My hormone levels were fine and my body vaguely responded to progesterone and clomid treatments so I finally gave up. There was no clinically diagnosable reason for not having a period (and therefore not ovulating) as far as we could tell and therefore no way to fix it in order to get pregnant. I thought I would never have children. I would take a monthly pregnancy test just to make sure (would drink on social occasions and wanted to be responsible) and got a suprise of a lifetime this time last year! We have a gorgeous son now and he is my treasure. We won't plan for any future children specifically. We'll hope for more when God wants us to have them. I hope he plans for us to have lots :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Planned
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 10:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2009