Do you believe vaccines are 100% safe?

I just wanted to know, because eveyone has a strong opinion on this. But those who are pro-vax-- do you really believe they are harmless?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Kids' Health

• i dont think anything is 100%. to be honest, i didnt know until recently that you had a choice on vaccinating. i dont want to sound stupid but i honestly didnt know-nobody had ever told me that i had an option. it was just something that was done. if i would have known then that i had a choice, i would still vaccinate my son.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• yeah theres nothing thats 100% safe lol
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:20 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Not even close to being remotely safe IMO.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 7:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I am pro vax but do not believe it's 100% just like anything else, but I do believe it is safer than not doing so.

Anonymous

• No. I have different opinions on different vaccines. They don't all fit into the same category.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:34 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Nothing is 100%. But in my opinion the pros for vaxing far outweigh the cons.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 7:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Nothing is 100% harmless, but having an adverse side effect from a vaccine is A LOT less likely than all of the awful things that can happen if you don't vaccinate your kids.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I will not have my children vaccinated as long as I live in the States, and as long as stats are what they are. I do appreciate that vaccines have nearly eliminated most diseases that they treat (besides, the flu), which has made a MUCh safer world for our babies. However, I also think that our medical system does everything overkill, and I'm not into meds and vaccines for every little thing, especially when there is a chance they'll cause more harm. Be educated on each vaccine! (I'm an RN)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 9:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• If you are an Rn than you are not that educated on vaccines, sorry.

Anonymous

• I don't believe anything is 100% but I do feel that vax are safe enough for me to give my child. These drug companies spend years developing them to make sure they are as safe as possible.  There is always a chance in anything you do.  I feel that is is more dangerous driving my child to the doctor to get the vax then the vax it's self.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2009