need advice...

I started my son on whole milk.He's been doin real well.What I was wondering tho is when he was on formula he usually would drink some then eat(baby food..Table food) then drink more. How should i go about making sure he's eating a good diet? Do I keep the drink eat drink method? I heard he should only have 2 cups a milk a day.Is that true, cuz I give him some all day long.However much he wants.What should I do? ( he still drinks out of a bottle, trying hard to switch to a cup!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Our pediatrician says 20-24oz per day. (we use 2%)

When you give him his meal, give him a drink with it. You have a drink with your meals don't you? (okay..so I do LOL)

What are your goals for him to eat in future years? A balanced diet? Start it now. Three meals a day? Start it now. A wide variety of foods? Start it now.

Other than that, speak to your pediatrician about it all. The doctor knows you and your son better than any of us here (unless you have relatives here).

Oh...and the sooner you get rid of the bottle, the easier it will be. Longer standing habits are harder to break.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I personally would give milk in a cup at meals and a bottle/cup of water in between. I think A little bit of watered down juice is okay now and again but not necessary. I give my kids 3 small cups (about 4 oz) of milk a day and water in between but they eat A LOT of other dairy like yogurt and cheese.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I agree with But_Mommie.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 10:24 PM on Mar. 3, 2009