Have you ever heard of a raw cervix

I went to my first ob appointment today and I told him that I was having some very light spotting and when he did the exam he said, "Oh this is why you are having spotting your cervix is raw." I didnt ask him at the time what that meant because I am an idiot...have you ever heard of this? He didnt seem very concerned about it...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I guess that by 'raw' be meant it looked extremely irritated, and that's why it was bleeding (kinda like when you have an open wound its 'raw')??

I honestly don't even know, and no, I've never heard of that. But it sounds plausible.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 7:38 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Have you had sex recently? Sex can cause your cervix to become raw.
    Anonymous

• i would guess raw would mean rubbed too much could be from sex or maybe the start of a yeast infection or something if he wasn't too worried about it i wouldn't be either just keep a eye on the bleeding and if it gets worse i would let him know
    Anonymous