Ovulation question I'm a little confused?

Based on my last period I should have ovulated on the 18 or 20 of last month. I took a ovulation test and it can back neg. I continued to take them until the 24 when I finally got a positive result. With my ovulation being off could this put my period off...and if so when should I maybe take a preg test. I've had some bloating the last week and slight cramping. my next period is due the 6th this month.

pandora09

Asked by pandora09 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• late periods, if not caused by pregnancy, are generally caused by delayed ovulation. once you ovulate you SHOULD have your period between 10 and 18 days later, depending on the length of your luteal phase (won't know that unless you chart, no big deal just everyone's is different. typical is 14 days, less than 10 won't sustain a pregnancy. after 18 days safe to assume you're prego).
    adamko84

Answer by adamko84 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Ovulation tests never worked for me.

I charted using the methods in the book; Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler.

richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 10:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2009