calming down

What measurements do you take to calm yourself down when your feeling mad, or angry?....When someone cuts you off in traffic, or your BF is upsetting you...How do you handle it without letting it get to the "boiling point"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Health

• I just remember that I cannot possibly control anybody's behavior or feelings beside my own. If I take responsibility for myself then nobody else in the world can make me so mad that I want to lose it.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 8:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• IF I can remember to open my mouth just a little tiny bit and breathe out long and slow it slows down my heart rate and calms me. And my mantra of words is very very simple- just repeating in my head abcd abcd abcd clears my head and is calming fast like when I can't sleep.
    Anonymous

• I breathe out and count down from 10 to 1. By the time I get to 1, having made myself relax from my head to my feet, then I am pretty much calmed down.

Answer by Bmat at 8:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Honestly the traffic here is carzy, so I just cuss them out in my head...lol If I have had a stressful day a bubble bath always does the trick for me.
    miche11e

Answer by miche11e at 1:53 AM on Mar. 4, 2009