how i start with my toddler to read

my son he is 2 year and 2 month he say every thing i talk like words ,i need to know how i can help him to start reading

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He is only 2, let him be a kid.
    Anonymous

• maybe try getting some magnetic fridge letters?
    Anonymous

• Start by teaching him the alphabet. Teach him to recognize letters...when he knows them teach him the sounds they make...a little at a time.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Wow 2 yrs and on to reading already? I agree with the first poster, let him be a baby for a while longer. Nothing wrong with introducing letters if he is interested, but do not push him so young. IMHO. Leap Frog has fridge letter magnets he can place into a small box which sing the sounds and letter recognition. The letters and box are magnetic and you can place them at your sons level. When you want him to not put letters all over the house, you can simply place them higher on the fridge. You can find this at Target. My son learned at 3 1/2 and does very well in kinder now. Try to let your son play with this for another year ;)
    miche11e

Answer by miche11e at 1:51 AM on Mar. 4, 2009