Endomitriosis

I went to the doc to day for my 2 wk surgery.. I had a bump, and they said it was a hernia, then it was scar tissue, and now it was endomitriosis. Im freaked out. i dont know ANYTHING about that, and i looked it up, and i read alot about infertility. Does anyone have this?!...

HaviksMum

Asked by HaviksMum at 8:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Health

• Have it, had it, whatever would be appropriate terminology. Basically it is scar tissue that builds up on you ovaries etc. I had surgery after some scar tissue had formed and was basically strangling one of my ovaries causing necrosis. I ended up having a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy. I am fine now but, I do not intend to have any more children. I had no trouble concieving my daughter but the pregnancy was AWFUL! about 9 times in the ER with them stopping my labor. Had full fledged labor pains for three solid months off and on. To finally have her drop and ..........nothing. Ended up being induced of all things. Delivery was cake, lasted about 20 minutes after the pit. kicked in. It is nothing to freak out about but it can be a pain in the butt. Get with your doc and have the laparoscopy if it is an option. It certainly helps. I tried every pill known to man kind and after all the acne, mood swings, and weight gain I was done!
    chucks1girl

Answer by chucks1girl at 8:24 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I believe endometriosis is scar tissue inside the uterus from the lining of the uterus not sluffing off correctly during your period. Usually people with it experience severe pain during their periods.

My sister in law was told her pain was caused by this and that the only way to make it go away was a hysterectomy. I don't know if that is what doctors are saying now, but she had one after her last son was born.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:28 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I had endometriosis as a shocker having three kids with no trouble at all conceiving. All of a sudden in one period I had pains like labor with a fever. The first ob said I had a mass between my rectum and uterus - in some place it turns out where it is an empty place in women's abdomens and backs. A high risk gyn doctor told me I had two masses and that one on my ovary killed the ovary and I got an infection from it nonfunctioning. I had previous ovarian cysts and had a vertical gyn surgery to get a good looksee everywhere and the dead ovary was removed along with mass. It was really scary to be told I had that weird mass and a shocker to find out I had endo and not only conceived three times and carried, delivered three times fine and THEN several years later the endo came about. Wherever you are in motherhood get good care. I had longterm ovulation mucus plus longterm bleeding. U had previous surgery? Get further care
    Anonymous

• You can also have severe endo with no symptoms. It doesn't always cause pain. I had no clue, no painful periods...mild cramps if at all. But, the doc found stage 3 endo plus a blood-filled cyst on an ovary during a laparoscopy. Would never have known if I wasn't going through fertility treatments.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2009