What age did your baby or toddler learn how to swim?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i wont let my dd swim without the life jacket or outfit thing she can swim in it and learned to in hr grandparents pool at 1 1/2 and is very good she jumps in and everything but will not be allowed to swin this summer without a life jacket or outfit or any summer for a long time we had an experiance this summer where my friends dd drowned and they were the same age and the little girl could swim so until im certain shes goin to be ok she'll have to wear the jacket or outfit thing for a while
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My 5 and 3 year olds just started lessons at the local Y this past week.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My daughter will be taking lessons this summer - she'll just be turning 3.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My daughter has been enrolled in swimming lessons (parent/tot) since she was 6 months old. She already knows how to stick her head under water and kick her arms and leg when you hold her across the tummy. I say the earlier the better!
    haileysmom805

Answer by haileysmom805 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• my girls are 2 years this month, we started them last summer they were 14 months or so when we started. we had a baby float for each of them but also the swim wings (the things that go on their arms) they did well, by the end of the summer emma would fload all around the pool with just the swim wings on and kicked and everything. the sooner you start the better otherwise they will be terrified of the water.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 4, 2009