Bed Rest.

So, I went to a cardiologist today because my resting heart rate is 160-170 which is high even for a pregnant woman. He recomended bed rest and possibly a c-section (because I could have a heart attack while in labor)

Has anyone else had this problem?

and is there anyone else on here on bed rest and going completely insane?

mommy2be32509

Asked by mommy2be32509 at 8:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm on bed rest too, so I feel your frustration, I'm only 21 weeks so I have a long way to go. Lucky for me I had friends who were on bed rest up until about a month ago, so they already had lots of things to suggest for me to keep somewhat sane, I've been catching up on random tv shows that I haven't seen in forever on hulu.com. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes great and that you and your LO are healthy and happy :)
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 9:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• my goodness i have never heard that before!!! poor thing!!! i feel for ya hunny!!! i hope everything goes well!!!
    Im sorry i cant help
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I ahve never heard of this myself but I would definately say you need to RELAX! cuddle up with a blanket and a good book and just relax .
    JandAddysMom

Answer by JandAddysMom at 8:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• im on bedrest. not even 6 weeks along yet & already on bed rest for bleeding. im going insane but mostly out of worry for my job & financials (im the money maker at the moment) & then just worrying about the bleeding & the baby. sorry to hear you're stuck in bed too, how far along are you?
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• 37 weeks.
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• well at least you dont have too long to go. have you thought about doing a craft during your time? maybe crochet or cross-stitch? it will help pass the time & something very monotonous like that will help keep you steady... =) good luck!!! you'll be in my thoughts!!!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 9:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I was diagnosed with preclampsia which consists of the high blood pressure and was put on bed rest for two months. It wasn't easy, so I watched tv and got fatter :) End the end, I was induced 2 weeks early and ended up with a c section because my blood pressure was so high and baby's was dropping. In the end, we are both healthy. Finish a hobby that you started or start a new one. You don't have far to go!
    charjaxx

Answer by charjaxx at 9:25 PM on Mar. 3, 2009