Answered prayers?

Since prayers are answered in Gods time and in His way, how do you know when a prayer has been answered?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• you just know... there's no real way of explaining it.

If I pray for something and it doesn't happen, I figure God said "no"

but when I prayed for a way to pay off my old trailer, and a week or so later got a call from the lady I was byuying it from and she said she was tired of dealing with and just gave it to me, God answered!
    Anonymous

• Trust me, you know! For example: I am going into the second month having my SIL's four kids after months of asking God to do something about their situation and to see to it that the kids were kept safe. I wasn't expecting the extra stress, but He did answer in His own way.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• When what you've been praying for has happened. But I believe that prayer helps us focus and then calm us, not that praying will bring about what we need or want.
    Anonymous

• when it happens?? we prayed for over a year to get pregnant, then when we were pregnant we prayed I would make it past the m/c point..now that we are past that we are praying for a healthy baby and delivery and for God's wisdom in who will marry this LO, how to raise them, etc.. some prayers won't have clear cut answers and at that point it will come down to if a relationship with God is where it is suppose to be..if it is whether or not the answer is what you would like, even if it is a decision that has to be made yourself, the wisdom to make the right choice will be there.
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 9:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• You know. And sometimes the answer is no, and that's ok. You just know.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 9:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• How about- sometimes things happen your way, sometimes they don't. if you want to believe it is *prayers* being answered- that's on you. I prefer to have a more direct action in my own life and help those things that I want to have happen- actually occur. Then if something *good* happens I get to have ownership of it. And if something bad occurs- well then I have a good lesson to take away from the situation cuz I also have ownership of that. I don't believe in asking some random non-existent being to step in and solve my issues. If I am going to take anything away from this life- I have to FULLY participate and make my own decisions... and learn HOW to help myself- and also how to ask for and accept help when I need it...

mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It's pretty amazing really. For example: DH was laid off and then had a horribly low paying job for what he was doing. It was a tough time. We moved back in with my parent's with our son and another baby on the way. After a little over a years time and he had a great job that meant we would be able to save for our own house and I wouldn't have to return to work. It was great. Even better when we moved into our house and decided that I'd go back to school so I'd be able to one day start a career, we had daycare completely covered for both of our children! We were more than able to pay for it with is new job but able to pay more to pay off school bills. All becuase of how he had that crap job before. We prayed that God would provide for us. What a miracle it was that we were able to save almost $300 a week!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Believe me, when a prayer is answered, you know it! I've seen it over and over. God is so faithful to hear our prayers, and answer them. As someone said, sometimes the answer is no,and that's fine,also. Just means it's in God's will for your life for that one to not be answered the way you wanted it. God knows what's best for us,and He's not ever going to do something that is not in accordance with His will for our lives.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:42 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• There are times you pray for something long term and other things that are an immediate need.....God answers all prayers. Like others have said it is not always the answer you want and sometimes the answer is "wait"......that's the hardest one, but much can be learned from having to be patient.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I guess you just look for the coincidence and then believe it is the product of prayer.
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 11:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2009