What do you do???

My 3 month old gets upset if I don't pay attention to her. She screems at me if I'm not looking at her, she wants me to be playing with her at all times. I don't mind it at all, I love to play with her, but I can't do it at all times. She can get pretty anoying some times when I don't pay attention to her demands. What do I do???

GodPRKitty

Asked by GodPRKitty at 9:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• make a thick pallet and let her play with her toys turn the radio on or something so she doesn't feel like she is alone . put lots of toys around her my boys always loved that and their
    swing
    tcsmom75

Answer by tcsmom75 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• IMO, at 3 months you should give her what she wants :) Do you have a snugli or something you can carry her in during the day so she is close to you?

If the screams are the upset crying kind then hold her, but if she is just exercising her voice that is something else and just let her go at it.
    JC4everMommy

Answer by JC4everMommy at 9:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• this is a hard thing to do but you just need to let her scream it out. if you pick her up every time she cries she is going to cry all the time just to get what she wants.

Anonymous

• The funny thing is that she is not even crying she is just yelling to make me come to her. As soon as I go to her she starts cracking up laughing, and as long as I'm there standing by her side and talking to her and playing with her she is ok. As soon as I walk away she starts again...lol
    GodPRKitty

Answer by GodPRKitty at 9:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• lol my daughter is the same way rightnow too. I've noticed whe nshe's not paying attention to me, then I can sneak away and do things, I put on a movie and she plays with ehr toys, and I make sure I"m put of her line of vision while doing things until I"m ready to come back to her.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Get a good sling or baby carrier and wear her during the day.....and you can NOT spoil a baby, they dont even comprehend what spoiling and manipulation are, they are only infants!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 8:40 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I'm sorry, but I'm confused who said anything about been spoil or spoiling anyone. I was asking other moms what they do to keep their kids distracted while they get things done around the house.... Thank you for the comment, but PLEASE stick with the subject.........
    GodPRKitty

Answer by GodPRKitty at 11:32 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I said that because one of the responders to your question said something about "dont pick her up everytime she cries or she will learn to cry everytime she wants something" and I personally think thats akin to saying that a baby is trying to manipulate her parent or that the baby is becoming spoiled and I just dont believe that is possible for an infant who doesnt even understand the concept of manipulation, that is all.
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 6:32 PM on Mar. 4, 2009