How much should my 3 year old pee?

My daughter turned 3 in Dec. and she has been very well on the potty. But I have noticed that she doesn't pee much. She drinks a cup of milk for 3 melas and juice with two snacks. Today she didn't pee until 6:15 PM. Is this normal? I have just strted noticing it since she has been using the potty more.

saysmom

Asked by saysmom at 9:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• she should be peeing more AND drinking more...

"Children should generally have 1-1/2 ounces of fluid for every pound of body weight. An average 15-month-old girl weighs approximately 22-1/2 pounds (your granddaughter may weigh more or less than this). Therefore she should have 34 ounces of fluid. Beverages such as milk, juice, and water contribute to the fluid requirement, as does food with a high water content like yogurt, pudding, fruits, and vegetables. Some conditions that require increased fluid intake include hot weather, fever, or lots of drooling." from drspock.com

Anonymous

• It def. sounds like she should be drinking more, esp water. She could be very dehydrated.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 9:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• No it is not normal, she should be drinking more, if she is hydrated, the amout of urine should about equal the amount taken in. At this point her body is holding onto the volume( fluids) most likely becasue she is dehydrated. Increase her fluid intake. Talk to her Dr.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I think she should have water offered to her during the day too. My kids love to drink water out of bottles, squirt guns, tea cups, etc. Make it interesting for her. Lack of pee can be a sign of some serious medical problems.
    momo8child

Answer by momo8child at 2:41 AM on Mar. 6, 2009