Can sex delay your period or even stop it from coming?

ok i was supposed to start my period on the 9th of feb. and i started to spot a lil bit but then i had sex every day that week and my period never came. then i waited thinking that maybe it would start the next week but i had sex every day that week to and now its been a lil more then 3 weeks since i was supposed to start my period. so i was just wondering if sex can delay your period for a few weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• well... in the way that sex causes pregnancy the answer would be yes...

if you mean can it delay it if you aren't pregnant, no
    Anonymous

• You might have had implantation spotting. I would take a test.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Not that I know of...take a test! You are probably pregnant.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 9:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• The same thing happened to me except I had light bleeding for one day. Come to find out, I was pregnant :) I would take a test.
    charjaxx

Answer by charjaxx at 9:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• so if im gonna start my period then having sex cannot stop it unless im pregnant? But i didnt think you could get pregnant the day before your period?
    Anonymous

• sex itself does'nt delay a period ,pregnancy on the other hand does,and not to scare you but your more likely to get pregnant during your period.
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• you may have gotten pregnant after your last period or anytime since then....
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:28 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• UMM YOU ARE PREGNANT THEN DUH..LOL..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Sex during your period DOES not increase your chance of getting pregnant flowerchild.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yes it can delay your period!!! I know this to be ture because it has happened to me!! If my period is about to come and I have sex and keep having sex everday or everyother day it doesn't come then when I skip a few days it comes back!! Just happed resently as a matter of fact! And its not the first time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Feb. 18, 2010