how much weight did you gain in your 3rd trimester?

I know they say that in the last trimester you gain a pound per week, but is that true?? I can't imagine gaining 10 more lbs at this point...

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that's the average yes.

I gained about 10 lbs but I had issues gaining weight the whole pregnancy... I was even put on ensure drinks between meals to "fatten up"
    Anonymous

• Yep...1 pound a week exactly for me.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 9:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I gain about 2 pounds per week. I guess it just depends on your body...I try not to think about how much weight I've gained bc I eat really really healthy and try to be as active as I can, between my 6th and 7th month I gained 17.5 pounds, the doc said that some womens weights jump between the 2nd and third trimester.
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Everybody is different. One of my girlfriends gained evenly over her whole pregnancy. I didn't gain more than 6 lbs in my first 2 trimesters and packed on some serious pounds at the end of both my pregnancies. A co-worker only gained 10lbs her entire pregnancy and that was in the 2nd trimester...its just gonna depend on you. Now is not the time to diet though. Make sure you're getting enough good, nutritious food and you'll be fine.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2009