Diaper Rash Worse!!!

Ok so I took Carissa to the doctor. I have been using the Antifungal Cream and the cortiecosteroid cream that they gave me to put on the rash. It seemed to be getting better, but today the rash spread all the way into the folds and the top of Carissa's private parts. Its beat red and 1 spot is bleeding. Iam not sure whats going on. Nothing seems to be helping the rash. I also have used Silvadine 1%, as well as Butt Paste. Both of these have worked wonders before but now they are not working at all.....Carissa is in a lot of pain. Dosent even want to sit down

carissasmomma

Asked by carissasmomma at 9:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• aww poor baby!

what type of antifunal did they give you? I found that the OTC athletes foot cream worked better than the prescription stuff I got from the doc...

what about some diaper free time? maybe let her spend most of tomorrow diaper free... in 1 hour blocks, put on diaper, after she wets it, go for another hour.
    Anonymous

• The prescription is an Athlete's Foot Cream called Clotrimazole 1 %. The doctor also prescribed a corticosteroid called Triamcinolone 0.1%. I put both on twice a day like they said and it seemed to get better, but today my husband noticed that she was getting redder and it started to really hurt her and by the time I saw it, it spread all over. I put her to bed with no diaper. I hope that will work. I know i will have to check her bed tonight. It will probably be a long night. Thanks for your suggestions!
    carissasmomma

Answer by carissasmomma at 9:24 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Try Olive Oil. Dab olive oil all over the rash and then put regular diaper cream on top. Within HOURS it will clear up. It's a miracle.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I used to Lotrimin AF and Vitamin A+D ointment, take a dab from each and mix them together. 

Also, I promise this works!! Get Baby Don't Cry Shampoo by Paul Mitchell. You can special order it from your salon. Yes it's expensive, but a tiny bit goes a long way. You need a dime size amount to wash your daughter from head to toe. It has antifungal and antibacterial properties in it. I used to use it on my son and he never had diaper rash again. And his would be the worst, clear up and then come back again. 

My best friend had the same problem, she used Baby Don't Cry and her kids - all three never had diaper rash again.

richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 9:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I also used the OTC athletes foot cream and it worked for my daughter. My daughter had very sensitive skin and I also had to use lots of desitin with every diaper change and change her every 1 1/2 hours. Sometimes her skin would be so irritated that most of the blisters would be bleeding. Ouch. I hope this helps.
    charjaxx

Answer by charjaxx at 9:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Thank you all! I so appreciate it!
    carissasmomma

Answer by carissasmomma at 9:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• You should take her back to the doc and ask for Nystatin cream. Nystatin is used to treat fungal infections of the skin, mouth, vagina. Wow, my daughter was prescriped Triamcinolon for the rash on her face only. If you don't use it everyday, the rash will come back. I'm not a doctor but I don't think you should use Triamcinolon on her vagina. If you can't get Nystatin soon, trying washing her area with baby soap and water, use senstive wipes like Pampers with no alcohol and use Destitin orginal cream (put alot on) it will sooth her until you see the doc again.
    Anonymous

• My DS is going through the same thing. Ditto what pp said about the Nystatin - it's working better than anything else so far. I've also been using Lansinoh on him for the diaper changes where I don't put on the Nystatin. It's expensive, but it's waterproof and seems to be helping.
    crazydogchick

Answer by crazydogchick at 10:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• http://balmex.com/advisor-protection.jsp
    I use only this stuff....all of the prescriptions from the doc and otc stuff have zinc oxide and a bunch of other stuff that I personally think is too harsh on a babies skin... my dd had the worst rash I have ever seen bleeding and blistering all over also and the doc told me that sometimes its normal for some babies to have constant rashes, I wasn't willing to accept that so I tried them all OTC and doc prescribed...but all had harsh chems in them, the last one NYSTATIN cleared the rash but then dried her out and she started flaking skin badly like a bad sunburn, so I tried this and I swear within 2 changes no more flaking or redness, bleeding or irritation since...hope it works and if not at least that u find one that does...
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I used Polysporin for really bad bum rashes but not on the private parts. Worked like a charm although I'm not sure you're supposed to use it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Mar. 4, 2009