My daughter was 13 weeks early and I want to have another child but I'm scared to death. What should I do?

katkat525

Asked by katkat525 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What was the reason for your daughter being born so early? What does your doctor think?
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• The doctors don't really know why. I went for an ultrasound to see what we were having and they told me I was dialting. I was rushed to the hospital then put on bed rest. After that I had her 3 weeks later. All the doctor could tell me is that I'll be at a high risk for a repeat.
    katkat525

Answer by katkat525 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• my mom had my brother 11 weeks early. She always wanted more kids and was too scared. now she regrets not trying. I'd just talk to your doctor and see what they think.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 9:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Hmm... that's a tough one. I guess maybe I'd talk to my doctor and also get a second opinion - just to hear from another professional. I mean, there's a risk with every pregnancy right? I wish you all the best!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Ask the doctor. I have five children and none of the pregnancies or deliveries where the same. I would not let the fear stop you...just make sure you have a clean bill of health.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2009