What age do you think your daughter should have a b/f?

My daughter is going to be 15 and she has intrest in this young man and wants him to be her b/f , I'm just not sure what I think about it. I would like to hear some other moms oppinions..

Tammy1755

Asked by Tammy1755 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Depends on the seriousness of the situation. I have a child that is 13 and has a "boyfriend". They only see each other at school, and talk on the phone on weekends. I did allow the very respectful young man come over after school once, and all was well. I just laid down the rules in front of both of them, and had no problems. There was a reply saying that they couldn't date till 18 and did it anyway, that's exactly what happens. So lay some rules and stick to them. Good Luck!
    anorman08

Answer by anorman08 at 3:07 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• never. hahaha i remember how i was with boys
    Anonymous

• It would depend on my daughter, her maturity and everything. But not before 16 ever. LOL
    I know how I was at 16 but you can't keep a person too sheltered. They need to experience life themselves. :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• 16 is good, when they have a car and a job and going to school they are responsible enough to have a bf
    Anonymous

• I was thinking the same thing how I was at 16 LOL
    Tammy1755

Answer by Tammy1755 at 11:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• 16, but that doesn't mean she can go places alone with him or be at his house when his parents aren't home or that he isn't expected to come to dinner and meet us if he wants to date her.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 11:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• let her if you tell her shes not allowed dating she'll do it anyhow i wasnt allowed dating but i always found a way
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:09 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Just let her. I wasn't allowed to date until I was 18. I still did it anyways. So even if you tell her now, what difference is it to her? If she doesn't like having a b/f then she can end it. She needs to experience life, shes not 5.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Trust is an issue here. Going out in a date group is ok at 15. Supervised dates are ok at 15. I wouldn't let her have a REAL boyfriend at 15. Make sure you guys have the sex talk, but not all psychotically.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Mar. 4, 2009