• In the Spotlight:

should i worry?

my husband and i have been fighting recently. he doesnt want to lay next to me in bed, he doesnt want to touch me unless hes getting some. he wont talk to me, he wont listen to me, he wont spend time with me and my dd. he comes home from work gets on the computer and stays there all night until he gets tired then lays down and goes to bed. i try to kiss him, and he says come on babe im busy. i try to sit with him and he gets up. hes never been like this we have been together for 3 years and married for almost one. but lately it seems he wants nothing to do with me. and if he doesnt i wish he would tell me instead of letting the both of us stay miserable ya know. but i just want some opinions should i worry or is it just a thing right now???????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• trying asking him whats wrong but dont be nasty about it. he may be overwhelmed with something or maybe depressed and try marriage counseling
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 9:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Is work exceptionally tough for this time this is happening? Is he getting calls or texts or websites that are out of his norm? Think of what in his life aside from the bedroom and family is going on. Does he socialize with you and family or has that dropped? Give time for all that to think of. Does he work specficially after hours or on trips with a specific woman? If no then he's just probably sinking more deeply into the reality of marriage and family responsibility. If more than that seems to be going on I'd get him and you into counselling, you each deserve not to be cheated on if that's what's going on. Three years of marriage isn't really long, remember, and the economy even for those with jobs is tough. You do though still have a right to want peace and happiness on small and larger levels.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry but it is obvious he doesn't want to be with you sorry have you thought that he may be cheating on you those are signs that can let you know he is.
    Happy2bemom969

Answer by Happy2bemom969 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• no i dont think he is cheating...unless he is finding time to do it at work. he comes home when he is suposed to...he is here all night, just wont talk to me or spend time or do any of the normal things....he may be i mean im sure theres always time at work. he has stopped coming home for lunch he used to come home and eat lunch with our dd everyday, were only like 10 minutes away from where he works .... maybe but how can i get him to admit it? if he even if, if he is i want to know so that i can get out but thats not always something that people are willing to admit. i want so badly for it to work out for our daughters sake. but i just dont know.... thanks for the answers
    Anonymous

• There are so many men addicted to the Internet now that it's frightening. Back in my day men were glued to the tv watching sports on Sunday but now the Internet offers them so much every day that they tend to block everything and everyone else out. I have no words of wisdom for you but hope it works out.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Honestly I would think he was cheating. Have you gone to his work on his lunch break to see if he is there?
    Anonymous

• no i havent gone to his work to check things out. i dont know, i just want to know but maybe i will suprise him tomorrow.....thanks again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Maybe he's going through something major that he needs to deal with. Its wrong for him to treat you this way but try giving him some space and stop pushing. It works sometimes. My DH does that when he has issues to work out. It hurts but after a while he lets out and tells me about it. H e says he does it coz he doesn't want me to worry about whatever he is worrying about, especially finances.
    maimutsa

Answer by maimutsa at 7:22 AM on Mar. 4, 2009