My son likes Hannah Montana is that ok?

My 5 year old boy loves Hannah Montana. He loves her show and loves her music, my sister say's I shouln't let him watch it because it's for girls. However, he also loves to do boy stuff like play soccer, wrestle with other boys, and likes boy shows as well, but when other boys ask him if he likes Hannah he imediatly refuses it. I am so confused???? I need some advice. Thanks

irmavila

Asked by irmavila at 9:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My son like it too, its a funny show and she is cute. I would not worry unless he is putting on makeup and wanting to wear a dress to school, my boy plays with his sister things and she plays with his, nothing wrong with that either, my son is 7 and loves the boy rough stuff too, fighting, etc.. I didnt know that only girls could watch certain shows LOL
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:34 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Yes it's Ok, it's not going to turn him gay.
    Anonymous

• Oh my goodness! It is TOTALLY OK. You know what is best for your own child. People always want to tell you what is write or wrong as a parent but only you know what is actually the best. Take it all with a grain of salt!
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 9:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My son likes it to...I know how you feel lol
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• OMg my 5 year old is on love with her... I think its TOTALLY fine!!! atleast he is not obsessed with zack and Cody.. than you would have something to worry about....lol
    Moma_bear

Answer by Moma_bear at 12:00 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• YES!! There is nothing wrong with it...it's not going to determine his sexuality.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 9:45 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• When my son was 4 and 5 he used to dress up in my daughters pink leapard print boots and a pink boa (with his tighty whiteys) and say he looked like a Harley Dude. He is just about 9 now and laughs about it, and he couldn't be more boy. Kids don't know the difference at that age on what is "sex" appropriate.
    pattigioeli

Answer by pattigioeli at 12:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I have 4 boys and 1 daughter and they all watch Hannah Montana together. They like to play dress up wtih my daughter to. I dont think its gay what so ever. It's fine children are just playing and liking what they are liking. And if they are gay later in life its not going to be Hannah Montana fault. They are who they are you can accept it or dont. I am going to love my children no matter what.
    momof5inohio

Answer by momof5inohio at 12:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I guess I should stop my husband from watching "Singing in the Rain" over and over..he might get the gay!
    Anonymous