If there was a child safety program available to parents that could help prevent their child from becoming missing then why do they not sign up for it. why do they turn the face the other way and pretend that it could never happen to them. We know that is happening right as I ask this question that another child is missing.

eriyassa78

Asked by eriyassa78 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I would microchip my girls in a heartbeat.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 9:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I'm not microchipping my kids, if that's what you're referring to. There are programs already in place to help recover missing children. I have sets of my kids fingerprints, strands of hair, and recent photos put away in case the worst happens. I'm taking precaution without becoming paranoid about it. The odds of them being abducted are low.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Whoa, I got a little excited. I would microchip my girls is there was, for lack of a better term, a shelf life on the monitor. Say, on their 18th birthday it was to be removed or would automatically turn off.

Too many sickos out there just waiting to kidnap one of our kids.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 9:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I think the best way to protect your children is to know where they are and what they are doing at all times especially when they are young. I see too many people letting their little ones run around the neighborhood unsupervised. I am overprotective, I will admit.
    Anonymous

• Anon:

We are overprotective as well. Our 14 year old doesn't leave where we could see her from the house. Luckily we live across the street (closely) from a baseball diamond, and playground so she doesn't have to go far for fun.

The microchip thing imo is too close to the revelations predictions - so no I wont do that.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 9:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• IF i Knew there was a program that could prevent my child from becoming missing I would use it in a heart beat. I care to much for my kids live and welfare to not to use it. Do you know that National Center of missing children says that 10,000 of 1 million children will become missing this year and 40 % will never be found. That is 1 of 100 chance our kids can become missing and that is the National Statics. Do you know that fingerprints, ID programs, DNA kits, amber alert, and now tracking device dont do anything what so ever to help prevent your child from becoming missing.
    eriyassa78

Answer by eriyassa78 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• i would without a doubt.... they have things with traking devices in them.... like cell phones and watches...when my son gets a little older we want to get him the watch...i don't care how much $$ it costs... you can't put a price on something like that... i would rather be safe then sorry
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I would never, ever, in a million years implant ANYTHING into my children. Period. Fingerprinting is the most I have done, and I keep those fingerprings MYSELF.
    Anonymous

• I would NEVER get a microchip implanted in my child. There is just way too damn many things that could go wrong, too many ways the knowledge could be misused, abused, and be the tip of a slippery slope to places we don't even want to go in our worst nightmares. Just for one thing, a pervert hell bent on molestation could use the technology in reverse to PREY on children, so they would be sitting ducks, in harm's way instead of protected from harm. There are many, many other ways they could be used for terrible things, that's just ONE. No NO MICROCHIPS FOR MY KIDS!!!
    Anonymous

• No microchips for me. I'm with Praying saying that its too close to the Revelations predictions for me. But I would put a gps in their cell phone when they got old enought to go out without me.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:53 PM on Mar. 3, 2009