I had a m/c in November..i was around 5 weeks...my doctor told me i needed to wait for 3 normal cycles to pass before trying again.

Me and my husband want to start trying soon when would be the best times to try...my cycle has been the same ever month since December the 6th-12th...thanks for any helpwith that..i also was wondering if my chances of having another m/c are higher now...it was my first one and i have two other healthy kids and i had two healthy pregnancies...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You can start trying any time you want now. I'm actually surprised that your doctor told you to wait 3 months with your miscarriage being so early but either way your fine now.

I would suggest that you pick up the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and start charting. I charted this time and got pregnant in ONE CYCLE. The average is 4 months I think but that's still good. Also it can give you signs of an early miscarriage or a progesterone problem that can be addressed so that you have the best chance of concieving and carrying your baby to term.

Since you've had 2 healthy pregancies and this was your first miscarriage the chance of it happening again are very small. Having one miscarriage doesn't mean repeat miscarriages. If you do have another it would be a good reason to have some fertility testing but chances are in your favor for having a happy, healthy 9 months.
    Anonymous

• I was told to wait three months too. NO WAY. That would have made the miscarriage so much worse. I have researched and read over and over again that there is no higher chance of miscarriage from not waiting. I have read that it is therapeutic for a couple to keep trying. I also have read that you are more fertile for four to six weeks. It has been three weeks and we are going for it. It makes it so I am not dwelling on my loss.
    Hope it happens soon for both of us.
    stassy77

Answer by stassy77 at 1:32 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I had a miscarriage that started in September and ended in October. The midwife I saw said wait one complete cycle. But we had an oops moment. November 24. I got a positive pregnancy test, I'm now 17 almost 18 weeks everything is going great, besides the normal pregnancy issues. I had some people tell me that I should wait 3 to 6 months. One person said to wait a year or two. Good luck. Just because you had one M/C does not men you will have another.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 11:47 AM on Mar. 4, 2009